About Jeffrey Mann
As a B2B CFO® Partner, I help business owners manage, grow and transition from their businesses. I act as a trusted advisor, so business owners don’t have to face their challenges alone.
- Manage. I dig into clients’ data to find the story behind the numbers. I help business owners identify issues and opportunities and install processes and procedures that will help the company to run better and generate more cash.
- Grow. I help my clients to develop and execute plans that help their businesses to increase sales profits and cash flow. Growth plans can include:
- optimizing financial and operational performance by improving operating methods
- raising necessary financing
- managing working capital
- reducing costs
- improving pricing
- Transition. I help my clients prepare for the coming years including plans for the owners’ eventual exit from the business through sale or succession. I help clients prepare their businesses for the next stage and implement their exit plans when the time is right.
I hold a BS in Accounting from the University of Virginia and an MBA in finance and marketing from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. I’m also a Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor and a Certified Business Transition Expert. I am a member of the Alliance of Mergers & Acquisition Advisors and the Turnaround Management Association.
I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana with Nancy, my wife of 36 years. In my spare time I enjoy travel, golf, reading, following sports and beating my two grown sons in fantasy football. I serve as Treasurer of my church and support several other civic activities.
University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce – B.S. Accounting; Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management – MBA Finance and Marketing
Certificates & Licenses:
CPA Certificate (Illinois – Inactive), Certified Business Transition Expert, Certified Mergers & Acquisitions Advisor (CM&AA)
Turnaround Management Association, Alliance of Mergers & Acquisitions Advisors
Articles by Jeffrey Mann
- My Bank Doesn’t Understand my Numbers. But isn’t Accounting Just Arithmetic?
- My Bank Wants to Take My Business. Don’t they?
- My bank doesn’t support my vision. Don’t they want to make money?
- I Think I’ve Upset My Bank, Now What?
- Is Your Banker Weird? Really?
- To Business Owners: Make these 3 New Year’s resolutions before you try to sell your business
- Why Give Up?
- The Law of Competitive Balance – Smart Business Advice from America’s Leading Sabermetrician